A San Diego restaurant took home its highest culinary accolade on Monday. Earned three Michelin stars for his exceptional cuisine.
total 18 California restaurants have been awarded Michelin stars at MundayAnd the with the majority located in Southern California.
Chef William Bradley has run the stoves in Addison since 2006, turning this Southern California oasis into a world-class dining destination. Michelin inspector said.
Addison is now only one of 142 three-star restaurants in the world.
The Michelin inspector’s reviews highlight the chef’s “Californian sensibilities,” particularly in the sesame-spiced koshikari rice with wood-smoked sabayon and spare Regiis Ova caviar.
The full restaurant tasting experience is by reservation only, though customers can enter to enjoy drinks in the lounge.
Addison in San Diego is now a “world-class dining destination” thanks to its Michelin honors.
“From the chicken liver churros to the chips and dip, the dishes are playful yet refined,” noted a Michelin inspector. “Opening bites like Kumamoto oysters with pickled green strawberries or Iberian ham folded atop gorgeous golden potatoes showcase delicate flavour.”
Addison’s nine-course tasting menu is $298 per person, according to the restaurant’s website.
The price point is not uncommon among three star restaurants. Tasting menu at the famous French Laundry in Napa Valley Tops $300And the With gift experiences starting at $950. The tasting menu at Manresa in Los Gatos costs $595 per guest in December, says the restaurant’s website.
The prestigious Michelin Guide highlights five restaurants in the San Diego area that serve good food at good prices.
Among the California restaurants with one Michelin star this week:
- 715 (Los Angeles, Japanese Cuisine/Sushi)
- Cavour (Los Angeles, Contemporary/French Kitchen)
- Caruso (Montecito, California Kitchen)
- Citrine (Santa Monica, California Kitchen)
- Cyrus (Gyserville, California Kitchen)
- Gwen (Los Angeles Steakhouse)
- Hatchet Hall (Los Angeles, American Kitchen)
- Kato (Los Angeles, Asian/Contemporary Kitchen)
- Localis (Sacramento, California Kitchen)
- Manzky (Los Angeles, Contemporary Kitchen)
- Nisei (San Francisco, Japanese/Contemporary Kitchen)
- Osito (San Francisco, Contemporary Kitchen)
- The Press (St. Helena, American Kitchen)
- The restaurant at JUSTIN (Paso Robles, California Kitchen)
- San Ho Won (San Francisco, Korean cuisine)
- Salsal (San Francisco, Korean cuisine)
- Sushi Kanyoshi (Los Angeles, Japanese food/sushi)
“Coffee aficionado. Introvert. Proud problem solver. Explorer. Friendly music buff. Zombie nerd.”