October has arrived, and it has been a classic indication that the world of college football will soon be dominated by developing conference races as we approach the middle of the season. Saturday’s week five schedule brings us plenty of action with traces of the conference title race from noon ET until midnight, including the showdown at SEC West where #2 Alabama He heads to Fayetteville, Arkansas, to face the SEC ranked 20th Razorbacks on CBS Game of the Week.
Elsewhere in the SEC, No. 14 Ole Miss You will host number 7 Kentucky In a divisional competition that will serve as a measuring stick for each of the rookie competitors. Meanwhile, the long-awaited battle in ACC Atlantic takes center stage in prime time ranks fifth Clemson Hosts No. 10 North Carolina.
It’s going to be a busy Saturday across the country, so here’s a handy sights guide to help you navigate the action. All times are oriental.
the best games
No. 4 Michigan in Yes – appeared on Fox, fuboTV (try for free): Stranger things happen in Iowa City, Iowa, when the top five opponents come to town, and the Wolverines are now going crazy. Of course, if the Hawkeyes were to do the surprise, they would probably have to score several touchdowns. Easier said (or written) said than done.
No. 7 Kentucky 14th Ole Miss – Noon on ESPN, fuboTV (try for free): Back to back Chris Rodriguez Jr. will be back for the Wildcats, and he’ll face the Rebels defense that has been one of the most pleasant surprises of the youth season. Meanwhile, the Rebels are showing off one of the best comeback duos in the country with Quinchon Judkins and Zach Evans. If you haven’t seen this rushing attack, make your own popcorn.
#2 Alabama at #20 Arkansas – 3:30 p.m. on CBS, CBSSports.comAnd the CBS Sports . app (free): Razorbacks in desperation after a fall Texas A&M last week, but they will have a chance to get back into the national picture if they can pull off the upset at Crimson Tide. Four of the last five real Alabama road games were one-tier games, so don’t rule out nail-biting.
number 9 Oklahoma in number 16 Baylor – 3:30 pm on Fox Channel, fuboTV (try for free): This rematch in last year’s exciting Big 12 Championship will see two teams undefeated in multiplayer and could play a part in the College Football race. The Cowboys were on vacation last week, so they had two weeks to prepare for their revenge on the Bears, Dave Aranda.
number 22 Wake Forest at number 23 Florida – 3:30 p.m. on ABC, fuboTV (try for free): Damon Deacons can’t afford another conference loss after falling to Clemson last weekend, and the defense will be challenged against a tough Seminole side this year. This game will be a focal point in the race for the ACC Atlantic title.
No. 10 NC State at No. 5 Clemson – 7:30 p.m. on ABC, fuboTV (try for free): Clemson gained confidence last weekend when quarterback DJ Uiagalelei lit up the Wake Forest defense, and now he looks like a full-fledged football team. Meanwhile, the Wolfpack could make a big statement to the world of college football if it could wreak havoc in Death Valley.
The best of the rest
- No. 18 Oklahoma in TCU – Noon on ABC, fuboTV (try for free)
- Bordeaux at number 21 Minnesota – Noon on ESPN2, fuboTV (try for free)
- Texas Tech in number 25 Kansas State – Noon on ESPN +
- Georgia State in army – Noon on CBS Sports, CBSSports.comAnd the CBS Sports . app
- Oregon in number 12 Utah – 2 p.m. on Pac-12 networks, fuboTV (try for free)
- Rutgers in number 3 Ohio State – 3:30 p.m. on the Big Ten Network, fuboTV (try for free)
- North West in number 11 Pennsylvania state – 3:30 p.m. on ESPN, fuboTV (try for free)
- Fresno State in Okon – 3:30 p.m. on CBS Sports, CBSSports.comAnd the CBS Sports . app
- No. 17 Texas A&M at Mississippi – 4 pm on the SEC network, fuboTV (try for free)
- No. 1 Georgia in Missouri – 7:30 p.m. on the SEC network, fuboTV (try for free)
- San Jose State in Wyoming – 7:30 p.m. on CBS Sports, CBSSports.comAnd the CBS Sports . app
- Georgia Tech at number 24 Pittsburgh – 8 p.m. on the ACC network, fuboTV (try for free)
- Arizona in number 6 USC – 10:30 p.m. on ESPN, fuboTV (try for free)
- stanford in number 13 Oregon – 11 pm at FS1, fuboTV (try for free)
“Food lover. Unapologetic alcohol guru. Passionate internet geek. Hardcore analyst. Gamer.”