ரோட்டர்டாமில், கடுமையான கொரோனா விதிகளுக்கு எதிரான பேரணியில் காவல்துறையினரின் துப்பாக்கிச் சூட்டுக்குப் பிறகு காயங்கள் ஏற்பட்டன. Police said there were injuries in connection with the shooting. It was not immediately clear how many people were injured. Earlier, authorities reportedly fired several warning shots. Water cannon is in use. நூற்றுக்கணக்கான மக்களின் போராட்டத்தின் விளைவாக காவல்துறை அதிகாரிகள் மற்றும் தீயணைப்பு வீரர்கள் மீது தீ, பட்டாசுகள் மற்றும் பொருட்கள் வீசப்பட்டன. A large team is trying to restore order. Riot police are also used. Initially, nothing was mentioned about the injuries.
According to the broadcaster NOS, at least one police car was set on fire and the others were damaged. Items were thrown at firefighters and police officers. The pictures showed fires on the sidewalk, chairs being thrown and rubbish bins being thrown into the street. A police car caught fire. According to Dutch Railways, train services to and from Rotterdam have been suspended due to the unrest. There are no alternate buses.
The rally, called by several organizations, was directed against the government’s plans to introduce the 2-G rule in view of the dire corona situation. Access to events, cafes and restaurants was provided only to those who had been vaccinated and those who had recovered. Since the curfew order was issued in the Netherlands in January, there have already been severe riots in several cities, causing millions of casualties. (19.11.2021)
Austria plans to go to the lockout and get vaccinated
Austria will be locked to everyone from Monday. Federal Chancellor Alexander Schallenberg made the announcement at a news conference after consultations with the federal states. All-day exit restrictions will initially apply for ten days, but can be extended once every ten days until December 12th, if necessary. After that the 2G rule should come into force again.
In the coming week, the food, cultural and event industry and trade – except for shops for everyday needs – will be closed. Schools and kindergartens must be fully open for necessary maintenance purposes. There are exceptions to exit restrictions, for example mental and physical recreation at shopping, work or outdoors.
Locking is a difficult step. “It hurts a lot,” the chancellor said. Health Minister Wolfgang Mückstein said of the recent Corona policy: “Unfortunately, we, the federal government, have also failed in some areas. I apologize for that.” New measures are not a popular result, but a necessary one. “A lock is always a dump”. The virus will not go away, Shallenberg said. “We do not want the fifth wave, we do not want the sixth and seventh wave.” The virus will not go away, it will stay that way.
The lock-in for non-vaccinated people has been in effect in Austria since Monday. It should continue to be used after public lockdown – initially indefinitely. Chancellor Alexander Shalenberg did not give the group a deadline on Friday evening to lift exit restrictions. When asked by the ORF news program “ZiB2”, Schallenberg said, “We do not have a deadline.” The head of government said the vaccine quota could now finally be raised so that the epidemic would be controlled and locking up in the future would no longer be necessary.
Austria also wants to introduce a common compulsory vaccine. Despite months of insistence, Shalenberg said he could not “convince enough people to get vaccinated”. Without naming them, Schellenberg harshly criticized the right-wing FPÖ, which was influential in Austria. Their vaccine review is “really an attack on our health system”.
There has long been a political consensus that one should not be vaccinated, Shalenberg said. But you have to keep an eye on the reality, so we have decided to launch a nationwide mandatory vaccination, which will apply from February 1st. Austria was the first country to introduce compulsory vaccination in the European Union. This will be implemented in the coming weeks. Health Minister Mückstein did not say exactly who should be vaccinated, for example at what age. (19.11.2021)
Study: Corona infection may have appeared in the animal market
Two years after the outbreak of the corona epidemic, a renowned evolutionary biologist provides further evidence that the Huanan Animal Market in the Chinese metropolis of Wuhan is a potential breeding ground for the virus. In one of the special press Science Michael Vorobe summarizes the major events that took place in Wuhan in December 2019 and January 2020. He drew a chronology of the first known cases compiled from newspaper reports and accessible hospital data.
The Canadian scientist at the University of Arizona’s Institute of Environmental and Evolutionary Biology concludes that the fact that most of the early symptom cases may be linked to the Huanan animal market is a “strong indication” that an epidemic has appeared in the marketplace.
So far, no clear evidence has been produced as there are no specimens of the animals sold in the market at the time of the outbreak. Finally, the Huanan market was soon closed and disinfected. However, this does not mean that the mystery surrounding the eruption will ever be solved, the researcher said.
Conclusive evidence can be obtained by analyzing spatial patterns from early events in Wuhan and additional genetic data from patients at that time. “Preventing future infections depends on this effort,” Worby said.
The virus first appeared in Wuhan in late 2019. However, the World Health Organization (WHO) panel of experts was allowed to return to China only twelve months later and returned without clear results. The team later announced that it was not entirely clear whether the market was the real starting point for the epidemic.
China does not want to allow further investigation into the site. Among other things, the US government accuses China of withholding information from experts. Beijing accuses the United States and other countries of misusing the epidemic and looking for the source of political attacks. (19.11.2021)
Italy discusses locking and border controls for unvaccinated persons
In view of the increasing number of corona, strict rules for those who have not been vaccinated and restrictions on borders with neighboring countries are being discussed in Italy. Regional politicians in particular are calling on the government in Rome to impose restrictions on anti-vaccine protesters so that there are no major locks in the coming winter. “Ninety percent of 90 percent of Italians who do not understand the importance of the vaccine should not be in control and the majority want to dictate its rules,” Giovanni Totti (Forza Italia), head of the Liguria region, wrote on Twitter.
Totti called a meeting of the regions with Prime Minister Mario Draghi to discuss further measures before the fourth wave of the epidemic hits the country like other states. In Italy, a color scheme determines which Govt restrictions apply – at present all areas are minimally white. However, seven-day events are on the rise.
According to the Ansa News Agency, politicians from the Co-ruling Social Democratic Party have called for tougher restrictions on the borders of badly affected countries such as Austria. Those entering Italy, including tourists, must be subjected to a negative test, be vaccinated against corona or be cured. (18.12.2021)
“Social media maven. Amateur food buff. Pop culture trailblazer. Tv ninja.”