Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky called for solidarity in a message he conveyed to thousands of people gathered in cities across Europe on Friday.
News Leadership: In his speech, which came just a week after Russia began its unjustified invasion of Ukraine, Zelensky said that if Ukraine fell, “Europe will not stand it.”
- “If we fall it will fall, so please don’t shut up, don’t turn a blind eye to this,” he added.
what are they saying“If we win, which I am sure we will win, it will be a victory for the whole democratic world,” Zelensky said.
- “This will be the victory of our freedom. This will be the victory of light over darkness, and the victory of freedom over slavery.”
- Zelensky also paid tribute to those who died in a moment of silence.
- “Those who perform heroic deeds in different regions to protect their country have sacrificed their lives for this,” he said.
- “They protect Europe and greet each other, they wish each other good health … This is our heart, this is the heart of Ukraine, and together we stand against evil,” added Zelensky.
details: The speech was broadcast via Zoom to cities across Europe, including Bratislava, Frankfurt, Prague, Lyon, Tbilisi, Vienna and Vilnius, According to CNN.
- She also organized a pro-Ukraine rally in Tbilisi, Georgia. The crowd, dressed in their Ukrainian flags, cheered when Zelensky raised his fist in the air in salute at the end.
“Pop cultureaholic. Web nerd. Devoted social media practitioner. Travel fanatic. Creator. Food guru.”