Jay Leno revealed that he suffered third-degree burns and may need skin grafts After a 115-year-old car caught fire in his famous Los Angeles garage, where he’s rescued by a quick-thinking friend.
“Tonight Show” host TMZ said He was fixing a clogged fuel line on Saturday in his white 1907 steam car when petrol was splashed on his face and hands.
Almost simultaneously, a spark caused an explosion, setting the 72-year-old car enthusiast on fire.
Leno told the outlet that his friend, Dave, quickly smothered the flames, preventing more serious injuries.
The comedian was taken to Grossman Burn Center and treated for third-degree burns, which may require skin grafts, he revealed to TMZ.
Leno told The Post on Monday, “I got seriously burned from a gasoline fire. I’m fine. I just need a week or two to get back on my feet.”
Sources had told TMZ that the blast caused severe burns to the left side of Leno’s face, but did not seriously injure his eye or ear.
Leno, who has reportedly canceled his two-week engagements, told the outlet that he expects to stay in the hospital for up to 10 days.
The concern about the funnyman began Sunday night after he missed a scheduled appearance at the 2022 Financial Branding Forum in Las Vegas due to a “very serious medical emergency.”
In June, US News & World Report said Lino’s car collection included more than 180 vehicles, including exotic cars, supercars, and artifacts.
“Coffee aficionado. Introvert. Proud problem solver. Explorer. Friendly music buff. Zombie nerd.”