October 1, 2022

Raven Tribune

Complete News World

Judge orders: Partial release of Trump raid document

Status: 08/26/2022 8:10 pm

After the raid at former US President Trump’s home, the Justice Department released a partially redacted document on which the search warrant was authorized. This angered the former president.

The US Department of Justice has released a partially redacted version of a document used by the FBI to raid former US President Donald Trump’s Florida home. Half of the 30+ pages have been redacted to protect important information. After the release of the online database of court documents out of great public interest, the dpa news agency reported, it was initially completely overloaded.

The now-released document says 14 of the 15 documents Trump had already sent from Mar-a-Lago to the National Archives contained classified and sometimes top-secret documents. 184 documents are classified – 67 “Secret”, 92 “Secret” and 25 “Top Secret”. According to the FBI, the classified documents were found along with other documents. Therefore, there was reason to believe that the property contained other classified documents.

The FBI raided Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach on Aug. 8 as part of an investigation into Trump’s alleged improper handling of classified material during his time in the White House. According to the Federal Police, the agents took away eleven sets of documents, some of which were classified as Top Secret.

Trump Talks Again About “Witch Hunt”

Trump reacted angrily to the release of details of the investigation against him. On the online service he co-founded, Truth Social, Trump called “Witch Hunts!!!” wrote about He accused the FBI and Justice Department of a “total PR scam.” The procedural document, some of which has been released, does not indicate that he worked closely with the FBI to retrieve the documents. There is no evidence that he hid documents on nuclear weapons.

See also  US reduces embassy presence in Kiev - EU foreign ministers advised

Release by court order

A Florida judge on Thursday ordered the partial release of a document the FBI submitted to obtain a search warrant for Trump’s home. Typically, such documents are kept under lock and key until the end of the investigation because they contain sensitive information about the investigators and allow them to draw conclusions about their tactics. The Justice Department initially blocked media requests to publish the newspaper. However, a US judge said last week that he was against keeping the entire document secret because of extraordinary public interest. On Thursday, law enforcement officials sent him portions of the paper that they wanted to keep confidential in view of the ongoing investigation, explaining their reasons for doing so. Ultimately the judge allowed it.

The partial release that has just come out may answer some key questions that remain unresolved: Why did Trump take documents with some sensitive and classified information to Mar-a-Lago after leaving the White House? Why has the former President not released all the material to the National Archives, which is responsible for storing government correspondence, despite repeated requests?

Strong criticism of quests

Investigators have raided the home of a former president in an unprecedented search in US history. This operation caused a great stir. Trump sharply criticized the move and accused his Democratic successor Joe Biden’s administration of misusing the FBI for political purposes.

Trump has fueled speculation for weeks that he could soon announce a bid to run for the next presidential election in two years. Republicans saw the search as an attempt to prevent him from running for president again in 2024. Trump says all documents are declassified, meaning declassified. However, he may have violated the law because he kept the records in his personal estate. This is currently being investigated.

See also  USA: Half more hospitalized than Omigron Delta