Tehran – The Iranian regime has not forgotten this attack.
Two years after the assassination of Iranian General Qasim Suleimani († 62) by a US drone, former US President Donald Trump (75) has threatened to retaliate against Iranian President Ibrahim Raisi (61)!
“Trump personally ordered the assassination of the general, so he should be punished as the main killer in the International Court of Justice,” Raisi said Monday, ahead of Suleiman’s second anniversary. Raisi went on to say that otherwise the Muslim people would face revenge. The US attack on Suleiman is against the entire Iranian population. On Memorial Day last year, the regime vowed revenge on the commander.
Suleimani was killed in a US drone strike on January 3, 2020 in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad. According to Tehran, the then commander of the al-Qaeda battalion was on a diplomatic mission in Iraq. Iran condemns the international community’s silence on the attack and seeks revenge.
As for the United States, the leader of the Revolutionary Guards was the mastermind of several attacks with hundreds of dead and thousands of American soldiers. “In the past few months, he has been planning attacks on coalition forces in Iraq. (…) Gen. Suleiman has also endorsed the attacks on the US embassy in Baghdad, ”the US Defense Department said, justifying the military action at the time.
Last weekend, the Iranian presidency called on the chairman of the UN General Assembly to bring a resolution against the assassination of Suleiman. From Tehran’s point of view, Suleimani prevented Islamic State (IS) terrorist militants from marching into the region. In Iran he was classified as a national hero, while the United States saw him as a terrorist.
“Social media maven. Amateur food buff. Pop culture trailblazer. Tv ninja.”