It appears William Regal has debunked reports regarding his imminent return to WWE.
earlier on monday, PWInsider reported Regal has “officially reached agreement regarding his new position” with WWE and will be starting with the company “in the first week of January.” The report added that Regal will take on the “Vice President position” upon his return to WWE, but did not specify what the official title/role it would be.
“There seems to be a lot of news about my spread.” Regal tweeted on Monday. “Enough people who really know me (although very few because trust is a big problem with me) know the truth. Unless you hear it from me directly, it is at best secondhand information…..
“….unless you hear it directly from me it is either a mistake or someone’s interpretation of what is really going on. That is to say everything said about me from every ‘source’. This applies to anyone who says they have spoken or know me, the silent tongue keeps a wise head!” “
The PWInsider report came on the heels AEW President Tony Khan confirmed last week that Regal was set to leave for WWE with the intention of working more closely with his son, “WWE NXT” star Charlie Dempsey. Later, several reports noted this Khan had granted Regal parolewith terms banning Regal from appearing as an on-screen character for WWE until 2024. However, reports have suggested that Regal will be allowed to work behind the scenes for WWE starting in the new year.
Royal show to members of the Blackpool Fighting Club (BCC) On last week’s AEW Dynamite show, The Gentleman Villain appeared in a behind-the-scenes segment to justify his betrayal of Jon Moxley on last month’s Full Gear show. AEW’s social media and YouTube channels Regal’s segment is titled “A Final Message” for Moxley and the rest of the BCC faction, which seemed to confirm that the AEW audience had seen the last Regal.
“Coffee aficionado. Introvert. Proud problem solver. Explorer. Friendly music buff. Zombie nerd.”